January 26, 2023
Hairstyle Trends Happening in 2023
Hair trends come and go – and there’s no better time to try a new hairstyle than the new year! Hair can be an extension of your own personal style, which means that it’s the perfect time to get the hairstyle you’ve always wanted!
It’s hard to say exactly what hairstyle trends we will see in 2023, but here are our best guesses!
Heatless curls aren’t new, but they’re a huge trend happening right now. They’re exactly what they sound like – curls without heat. They have become popular for a few reasons:
- Less damage: They allow people to style their hair without the damage from heat. By avoiding heat styling, you can preserve the health and integrity of your hair.
- More convenient: Hot tools require time to heat up and can be hard to use, especially for those not experienced with them. Heatless curls can be achieved quickly with minimal equipment or skills.
- Sustainability: Hot tools use electricity and product emissions, which can contribute to environmental problems. Heatless curls can reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint!
We’ve seen people on social media achieve this style with hair rollers, a bathrobe tie, leggings, flexirods, and more.
Hair accessories can range from hair clips and barrettes to headbands and scarves. Accessories are a fun way to add a pop of color to an otherwise simple hairstyle. It’s also a great way to hold back or cover up certain sections of hair. Some of our favorite hairstyles involve accessories and it’s the best way to spruce up your style!
As people continue to prioritize low-maintenance and practicality, we’ll see short hairstyles become a trend in 2023. Some of these hairstyles can be pixie cuts, bob haircuts, and other short styles that can be easy to style and care for. A fun thing about short hair is that it can be dressed up or down and can work for a variety of hair textures and face shapes!
We love how @joandkemp styled her short hair and think it will be a hot trend in 2023!
Slicked Back Hair
Slicked back hair is what we also like to call a wet or glossy look. This style has been popular for decades, and they will continue to be trendy into the new year. A few reasons for their popularity:
- Low-maintenance: This style can be achieved with minimal effort, and can often require a small amount of product. Only have 2 minutes to get ready? Put your hair in a slicked back ponytail.
- Versatile: Slicked back hair can be worn with a variety of hair lengths, textures, and face shapes.
- Chic and sophisticated: This style gives off a sense of confidence and class, making them a top choice for professional settings and special occasions.
Natural, Textured Hairstyles
This style embraces the natural look of hair, rather than trying to alter it with heat or chemical products. These styles can be curls, coils, and waves. Natural is in! These styles embrace the natural texture of hair and often involve minimal heat styling and product use. This trend is in line with the increasing focus on natural and convenient beauty practices.
The beautiful thing about natural hair is that it allows people to celebrate what they were given, rather than try to hide or change it.
Check Out Our Student Salon And Spa
Want to get a new hairstyle for the new year? International Academy has a full service student salon and spa. Each service is performed by our students who are supervised by dedicated and experienced instructors.
We offer a wide range of services and are confident we can give you the hair of your dreams in 2023! Give us a call at 386.767-4600, ext. 221 to schedule an appointment. You can also visit us in South Daytona today!
Ready For A Future In Beauty?
Are you ready to pursue a career in the beauty industry? Contact us today! We have a team waiting to assist you in any questions you may have regarding your education. We have programs in cosmetology, barbering, skincare, and more! We can’t wait to meet you and help you chase your dreams!