November 28, 2022
How To Prepare For Your Beauty School Tour
Are you passionate about beauty and have always dreamed of a career in the beauty industry? It’s time to go to beauty school! The first step in this process is finding a beauty school that fits your needs. The next step is scheduling a tour. You probably have lots of questions about the process, and it may seem a little daunting. But we’re here to help! The goal of a beauty school tour is to inform you so you can make the best decision for yourself!
At International Academy, we highly recommend all future students to schedule a tour. It’s an important part of the enrollment process as it allows you to get to know a school, and vice versa. We know that choosing a beauty school is a huge step in your future and we want to make the process as smooth as possible! Here are a few ways you can prepare for your beauty school tour!
Do Your Research Beforehand
When making any decision, it’s always important to do your research! Before your tour, we encourage you to explore our website and learn more about International Academy. By taking some time to learn about us, you’ll feel better equipped and confident for your upcoming tour. Exploring our website will also allow you to come up with any questions you can ask. Which leads us into the next section!
What Questions Should I Ask?
Preparation is the key to success on your tour. We want you to get the most out of your tour and your time with us! Your time is important and we know that pursuing a new career can be a lot to think about. Knowing which questions to ask will help with that. Think about the questions you have and write them down so you can refer to them later. Here are a few questions you can ask:
- What programs do you offer?
- How can I fit beauty school into my schedule?
- What sets your school apart from other schools?
- How much is the tuition for the program?
- How can I pay for beauty school?
- What is the enrollment process like?
- How long will it take to complete a program?
- What are the application requirements?
- Does the school have career placement resources?
- What is included in the student kit?
What Can I Expect During My Tour?
When you arrive for your tour, you’ll be greeted by one of our staff members! You’ll get the chance to explore the campus and really imagine yourself there. This is your chance to meet the students, staff, and instructors. You’ll get an inside look into the daily life of students at our school. Observing the school culture is an important part of the process and may even help you make a decision.
Our instructors are a great resource, and have been in your shoes before. Take this time to ask them any questions you might have, they could offer a different perspective! They are trained to provide strong educational assistance to our students so that they can be successful.
What Should I Bring?
You’re not required to bring anything, however, we do have a couple suggestions to make your visit a little easier:
- A notebook and pen: You probably had a lot of questions before your tour. Write them down in a notebook and bring it with you! This is where you can write down the answers to your questions and review them later
- A family or friend: Making a decision about your future is made a little easier with the support of a loved one. They will also offer an extra set of eyes and ears for you.
What’s The Next Step?
Are you ready for your beauty school tour? Take the first step and get in contact with us! A member of our staff will be happy to help you get started! Our staff does their very best to assist every student from the beginning to the end of their program. We’re excited for you to come to International Academy and see if it’s a good fit for you. We can’t wait to hear from you and help you get started in your beauty school journey!