Barber shops are back in style and at International Academy we listen to our community. So in January 2011 we started our first barber training class. Different from Cosmetology, we will train our students to be well prepared for this renewal of traditional male services.
The Barber Training Program is 1200 clock hours and takes approximately 9 months to complete.
Students in this program learn:
- Effective communication skills, visual poise, and proper grooming.
- Delivering worthy service for value in an employer/employee relationship.
- Skills in the areas of hair styling, hair shaping, hair coloring, texture services, scalp and hair conditioning, shaves, mustache and beard trims, hair pieces.
- Analytical skills to determine the best possible style for each client.
- To apply learned theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
Full-time Days: 30 hours per week, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Part-time Days: Minimum of 20 hours per week, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Part-time Nights: Minimum of 20 hours per week, 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday through Thursday.
See Admissions Page for Class 2018 Start Dates.
See Barber 2017 for detailed course information.
Financial Aid is Available for Those Who Qualify