Why a Career in Beauty and Wellness?
You have a wide range of career opportunities! So many options!
- Full Service Cosmetologist
- Professional Stylist
- School Educator
- Independent Industry Educator
- Business Manager or Owner
- Color Specialist
- Make Up Artist
- Platform Artist
- Nail Technician
- Spa Specialist
- Massage Therapist
- Image and Beauty Consultant
- Wedding Specialist
- Product Distributor
- Skin Care & Hair Removal Specialist
- Photo Set or Movie Set Stylist
How does beauty and wellness compare to other careers?
A career with a solid foundation and lifelong job security!
- Beauty and wellness provides significant strengths compared to other fields including creativity, flexible scheduling, working with others and entrepreneurship.**
- Beauty & Wellness is a 56 billion dollar a year industry.*
- There are over 550,000 salons and spas in the U.S.*
- 53% of salons and spas have job openings.*
- Approximately 3 out of 4 salon owners reported difficulty in finding qualified applicants.*
- Demand for cosmetology services is estimated to expand at least at the same rate as the growth of the population.**
- Continued growth in the number of full-service salons, spas and nail salons will also generate numerous job openings for professional stylists, manicurists, pedicurists, and skin care specialists.**
- The beauty & wellness workforce will grow by 20 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.**
*The National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) – 2007 Job Demand Survey.
**U.S. Dept of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook 2010-2011 Edition